Wednesday 17 May 2017

Castaway story

Walt: Write from the 1st perosn
Opening my eyes seeing birds flying around up in the beautiful sky. I got up hoping that somebody could possibly be there, I couldn’t believe it was just me there. I walked around admiring the beautiful island noticing delicious crabs, scary bugs and hairy spiders. I was terrified.

After admiring the island I got wood and used my useless boat that had popped from the rocks and hard objects. I made a squared house out of wood twigs and sticks. I got fronds and weaved them to make the sticks and wood stay together. Then I ripped my boat and put it over my square shaped house so if water came on top I wouldn’t get wet. I thought to myself I guess this is what it feels to be the only one alive, I really hope someone could save me.


Sitting for a couple of  minutes I thought that someone was there. Until I noticed it was my stomach grumbling for food. I got rocks and a long, thin piece of wood. I sharpened the wood at the end to make it look like a spear, I made a couple more for other occasions. I washed off, then two delicious crabs came around I got my dangerous spear and threw it at one of them. Then I quickly got the spear out of the hurt crab and threw it at the other crab. I made fire with twigs wood and rocks it took a long time, but I managed to make it, I cooked the crab and had a good feast.

I really really wanted to get off this island so I decided to write the word help on the golden sand so people could help me If they passed by, like anyone was. I thought that wasn’t good enough. So I was so dramatic I wrote sos ( save our souls) all over the place that was how much I wanted to get off the island. I then made smoke so people could tell that someone was on this island. I struggled to make smoke I got green leaves and sticks to help, It was really hard but thank goodness I made some smoke.

I tried finding some objects to make clothes and more food ,I had never felt this hungry before. Suddenly I heard a loud noise that was really really annoying. It was a helicopter coming passed the island so I yelled as loud as I could and I was waving my hands. He came near me and the wind was so strong that  it broke down my house, but I wouldn’t need it any longer. The person threw me down a ladder. I climbed up I thanked him so much and I was so happy to go back home again.

Task Description: What the class did was we all had to write each paragraph together so we didn't rush and make mistakes without anyone helping. We then edited each one as we were writing. Then once we finished our story. We got a buddy to check and we fixed up the mistaked bits. We then had to do a DLO. My DLO is the picture that you can see. We also saw clips of the movie Castaway. It was realy funny. Hope you enjoy my story!

No comments:

Post a Comment